Okay, here goes. Was trying to ignore it, but now can’t escape. Was persuaded by the words of Benjamin, who pointed out that in an increasingly online world, it’s more important than ever to try to understand each other in a multi-dimensional way. I think that’s a nice sentiment, so decided not to ignore. 🙂
- 1. Link to your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post.
- 2. Share seven facts about yourself in the post.
- 3. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- 4. Let them know they’ve been tagged.
My 7 Things
- My direct ancestors include Robert E. Lee and also people who came over on the Mayflower.
- My dad was in the US Air Force growing up, and so I’ve lived in many different places, but all in the US. I was born in Sacramento, CA, then: Fort Walton Beach, FL, St. Simon’s Island, GA, Rome, NY, Omaha, NE, Las Vegas, NV, and went to high school in San Antonio, TX. I’ve lived in my current house probably longer than anywhere else in my life. (5 years)
- I was a band geek. And a Latin geek. And a math geek. Competed in all of them in school, at state & national levels. For all the stereotypes, I look back on all those experiences with exceptional fondness, and they were all foundational to me. Oh, also, computer geek.
- I met my wife, Kathy, my freshman year in high school (1984), when we dated on & off (and in band, as it turns out). We got back together 10 years later, and then married in 2000. By total coincidence, her mother and my mother were in the same sorority at Emory at the same time and knew each other. (Dad was at Emory also.)
- I really like television a lot. A LOT. The Wire is my favorite, and I really miss Arrested Development (although 30 Rock has its moments). And Buffy, a lot. But to tell you the truth, and I know this will be disillisioning to many of you, I’m starting to lose my taste for it, and often lately can’t even find anything to watch. Impossible, and very sad, I know. [“Teacher, mother, secret lover.” — name the quote!]
- The job I held the longest in high school was as a short-order cook at a Chinese fast food restaurant called Qwik Wok. I was pretty marginal at that, but can cook a LOT of fried rice at once. One time I took an egg roll because I was really hungry. Got busted. I’m like the opposite of sneaky.
- My favorite movie of all times, without reservation, is Bull Durham. I can’t escape it when it’s on.
My Tagees (I’m terribly sorry)
- Adam, because he needs something that’s not just BSG to write about this week.
- Diego, because he’s awesome, is writing more lately, and I bet will have something gnarly to say.
- Bob, because I’m interested to see whether he’ll do it or not, and what he’ll say.
- Klep, because he’s funny as hell and should write more.
- Mitch, since he’s been so interesting on Twitter lately. (mkapor — follow!)
- Joshua, because he called me grouchy last night. Maybe you can use your 20% time for it.
- Tariq, who I guarantee will say something surprising.